Friday, October 21, 2011

Steven returns from Argentina Salta Mission


Every day I count my blessings for my wonderful family!  Yesterday, Steven returned safely home - after 48 hours of travel time and close to 10,000 miles of actual distance - a man and a returned missionary.  Many thoughts and emotions here as I watched him get off the plane, in suit and tie, complete with his name badge, or plaque, as he calls it in Spanish.  We are so proud of him for his dedication to the Lord, his testimony and steadiness.  Pretty amazing what 2 years in the mission field will do to a boy.  So, yes, another of my boys has grown up; on the one hand, melancholy could overtake me, but on the other, this is the way it's supposed to be!  We'll have him home just a short few weeks until after Christmas when he heads off to BYU.  (And if you've been reading this blog, you know what that will lead to!)  In the meantime, Preston and Evan have an expert to help them with their Spanish and both are counting on Steven's not having forgotten his geometry or precalculus!  I'm counting on his ever-steadiness to assist in their continuing preparation for their own missions!  Lest I be guilty of boasting, I won't belabor this point:  3 returned missionary sons, 2 of them now married in the temple to exceptional young ladies and one with their first baby on the way shortly.... Heck!  I might as well break out in singing "Count your many Blessings!"



Enjoy a few photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment